Monday, September 8, 2008

More Prep Work!

So, I've spent the past week trying desperately to keep up everything that needs to be done to hopefully ensure a problem-free production. It's times like this I wish I was a big-name Hollywood director who could boss people around and get them to do all the work. Let's see, here's what I've been working on lately:

1) Went costume shopping. Ended up only finding one shirt that might work, and some face paint. That's okay, though, I'm not too worried about costuming at this point.

2) Worked on the script some more.

3) Started a tentative shot list to try and nail down what exactly is going to be involved in terms of camera work.

4) Finished casting, with one possible exception we're waiting to hear from. If he doesn't work out, Ricci might end up being the back-up.

5) Went location scouting for a few hours. Selected all locations.

6) Rented out the camera, boom mic and lighting equipment, since the technical side of things is usually my biggest obstacle. Practiced basic 3-point lighting and played with the camera so I'll know how to get all the shots I need.

7) Started to work out a tentative shooting schedule.

Not everything is finalized yet, but I seem to be making good progress. Hopefully by the time Wednesday (and especially the weekend) rolls around, everything will be set and we'll just be able to show up, shoot, and get out.

Here's some random pictures to give you an idea of what to expect:

The camera I'll be filming with - A Sony DCR-VX2100.


Ah, the woods. An obligatory location for any student film.


This random wall on campus may double for a street scene.


Random recycle bins. Or are they?


A cool tunnel which may or may not be used.


My friend Ricci, who might be appearing in the film.


Morgan McCormick, who stars as Sheridan. No, that is not what he'll be wearing in the film.

No comments: