Monday, September 15, 2008

Filming - Days 2 and 3

Saturday's shoot ran long, but went very well. We got a lot of great takes and a bunch of B-roll. Unfortunately, it looks like most of it won't make the festival cut, and maybe not even the Director's Cut. I think I should also quickly edit together some sort of a deleted scenes reel...

Today's shoot also went well. We finished up the interior scenes, quick and easy. Here are some behind-the-scenes stills from the shoots:

Hiding in the recycle bins.


Reviewing the footage.


Filming a key scene.


Rehearsing a shot.


My IMDB profile pic?


Me with a light! Yay!


I want whatever she's smoking.


We discovered Morgan can fit in his mini-fridge.


If only he had stopped choking on frion long enough for us to put this in the film!


Prepping a scene.


Filming a dramatic moment.


Peekaboo!


I spent all afternoon and evening editing. The festival cut is around 90% complete. With the exception of one interview (thankfully the least important one), all the footage turned out near-perfect, and the only problem with that one is that it's slightly out-of-focus. Probably still usable. As expected, the biggest challenge is editing this down to 5 minutes. I'm having to cut some of the best parts... expect the other cut to be around 7-10 minutes long. And not all of it is extra or auxiliary scenes, a lot of it is taken straight from the script. It's quite possible an entire "subplot" (if it can be called that) that was present in the script won't make it into the festival cut. As of now, I've still got about 35 seconds left to cut from somewhere.

I might post some actual stills from the film later. Until then, I desperately need at least a few hours of sleep...

No comments: