Monday, September 22, 2008

The (Hide And) Seeker Wins Big!

Well, this was unexpected. Last night was the red carpet screening of the Top 16 submissions to the Campus Movie Fest. Not only did The (Hide And) Seeker make the cut, but it also won awards for Best Actor (Morgan McCormick) and Best Comedy! Woohoo!

I was surprised we won. In the realm of no-budget student films, there is usually a wide range of quality, and that was certainly true of the films screened last night. A lot of them weren't very good at all. Others actually showed a lot of good writing and directing. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm proud of the festival cut, but so much stuff got edited out or had to be changed that some of it really bugs me.

So what did we win? Well, firstly, the film is going to be screened in Atlanta at the regional finals. I doubt it will win anything, but still, it will probably be in the company of some very good films, which is a privilege. Morgan won $100 in iTunes gift certificates and a fake Oscar-esque statuette that looks like a golden Ken doll with an afro. Our team as a whole ended up getting $100 in iTunes gift certificates to split, 2 iPod shuffles, and a copy of Final Cut Studio 2. I'm keeping the last one, since it's all I really care about. Having a $1200 post-production software package should come in very handy for future projects, especially since I haven't been editing on Final Cut Pro, just the bare-bones version that came with my Mac.

Here are some photos from last night's event. Enjoy!

Seated from left to right: Megan, Morgan, Morgan's dad, me, my parents.


Me and Ricci looking at something off-stage.


Morgan and Megan, giddy with glee.


Morgan with his Best Actor prizes.

1 comment:

Karen said...

congratulations!!! i want to watch it!!! post it on the web!!